quarta-feira, 20 de outubro de 2010

Contemporary music (2)



I had a chance to listen to Terry Riley here in Portugal last October 23rd, at the Theatro Circo in Braga. I may have to swallow some of my remarks written in a previous post. Terry is a wonderful composer, a fantastic musician and singer and this little group he put together with Talvin Singh and George Brooks is everything but “the peppered cocktail”, the phrase I mentioned in my post with which Panikkar once characterized shallow inter-cultural relations.

It is possible to mix different musical cultures and create a new meaningful and profound reality. The music of this celebration of Terry’s 75th birthday tour is food for (musical) thought. I will try to return to this subject sometime.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário